Wednesday, May 6, 2009

7 Out of 10 Ain’t Bad!

A couple of years ago I wrote an article, ( “Taking Better Care of You,” http://www.williampenzerphd.com/) that encouraged people to think back to activities that brought pleasure in the past. I asked them to see if it might be positive to pursue that again. In so doing I triggered a memory of how much I enjoyed playing basketball in the schoolyard and later at the Y in the Bronx, NY.

Admittedly, I wasn’t very good, but I sure had fun and I did try my best. The team I played on at the Y was appropriately named, The Jokers. We lived up to our name in every way!

So I bought a basketball and began shooting after my walk in the park which I try to do several times a week. I can think of no better way, well maybe with one or two exceptions, to start the day. The air, sun, animals, birds and foliage awaken my senses

The other day I was shooting and decided to try ten shots from the foul line. I made seven of ten. I could never do that when I was young. Like fine wine I have aged well—at least in terms of foul shooting.

I encourage you to think about what might be pleasurable at this time in your life. Find something that you used to enjoy and that is inexpensive or free and try it. You might just get lucky, like I have been, and stumble onto something that is enjoyable.

In my case they don’t call them free shots for nothing and you must admit 7 out of 10 ain’t bad!

Bye For Now,


Bill

williampenzerphd.com

954 475 1371 x 301
561 361 1898 x 301

see 3/17 blog to know our goals

No comments:

Post a Comment