Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ON BEING ACTIVE AND PROACTIVE

Yesterdays blog encouraged being active and proactive. That is important in hard times, but applies for all times. I believe that active beats passive every time. Activity offers distraction, focus, accomplishment and progress. It cleanses our mind, while filling our pride bank. It is what personal growth and societal growth is all about.

I also understand that emotional issues like anxiety, panic, phobia, ocd, depression, relationship conflict, etc. have a way of freeze framing us into passivity. We can become stuck in an emotional sink hole filled with crazy glue. I have been there and done that many years ago.

There was only one thing I or others can do under those circumstances. Put your right hand on your left shoulder (or vice versa for lefties) and slowly, but surely (see blog on 5/1 with that title) lift yourself out of that hole.

Laying around, watching TV, sleeping, hiding in your room, etc. will definitely not help you. Moving around and taking care of business will—I guarantee it!

Bye For Now,

Bill

Williampenzerphd.com

954 475 1371 x 301
561 361 1898 x 301

see 3/17 blog to know our goals

1 comment:

  1. This is a principle that I find works extremely well for me. I no longer need to "fake it until you make it" - I just do.

    ReplyDelete